The Commons Dev team recently implemented code changes to support Sutori, Padlet, and VoiceThread embeds on WordPress sites. Actively engaged with the pedagogical needs of the CUNY community, the Commons provides an open source infrastructure that integrates both proprietary and non-proprietary resources. Here is a list of custom file and content types which can be embedded. If you have questions about other resource types, please let us know.
While the Commons is a proponent of open source alternatives, we understand campus investment in proprietary platforms and are happy to provide support as needed.
Designed to let students create multimedia timelines, Sutori is a proprietary platform.
- In the Classic Editor, simply paste in the URL you want to embed.
- The embed handler is not yet supported in the Block Editor. Please use the Classic editor for now.
Also a proprietary platform, Padlet makes “beautiful boards, documents, and webpages that are easy to read and fun to contribute to.”
- The Commons Dev team created a shortcode for Padlet content. It requires a Padlet key and optionally, the height. Watch how to find the Padlet key.
- The shortcode syntax is:
- For the Block Editor, you will need to use a shortcode block. Follow these instructions.
Also Proprietary, VoiceThread “offers a natural online interaction that lends itself to students presenting and defending their work before experts and peers.”
- In the Classic Editor, simply paste in the URL.
- The embed handler is not yet supported in the Block Editor. Please use the Classic Editor for now.
Comments are closed.