The CUNY Academic Commons is hiring! Please see our ad below for this part-time position.
Project Manager (Part-Time)
Review of applications will begin on November 5
The CUNY Academic Commons, an open-source academic social network connecting the 25 campuses of the City University of New York, seeks a Project Manager to join our team. This part-time position (7-10 hours per week) will focus on managing and facilitating activities including coordinating the work of our development and community teams, scheduling development calendars and code release plans, supporting existing users, and administering the week-to-week work of the Commons team via conference calls and individual check-ins. The ideal candidate for this position will have a balance of technical, organizational, and interpersonal skills, as well as experience and knowledge of higher-education and open-source communities.
* Facilitate weekly check-in meetings of the CUNY Academic Commons community and development teams and ad hoc meetings
* Report weekly on project status to the Director
* Produce weekly and monthly status reports on site development and operations
* Manage Commons release, qa, ux and feature design planning and implementation
* Represent the Commons in presentation and conference settings
* Oversee user support and outreach escalation
* Bachelor¹s degree or equivalent experience
* In-person attendance at monthly and ad-hoc team meetings
* remote attendance at weekly team check-in meetings
* Experience working in higher-education environments
* Knowledge of and interest in collaborative / open source software
* Highly organized, detail oriented, and a creative problem solver
* Advanced Project Management skills
* Minimum 2 years of experience in software project management
* Working knowledge of WordPress and BuddyPress
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a CV/resume and a letter of interest to Matthew K. Gold, Director, CUNY Academic Commons at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Manager” in the subject line. Review of applications will begin on November 5