The CUNY Academic Commons is hiring! Please see our ad below for this part-time position.
Project Manager (Part-Time)
The CUNY Academic Commons, an academic social network connecting the 24 campuses of the City University of New York, seeks a Project Manager to join our team. This part-time, 5-7 hour per week position will focus on managing and facilitating activities including coordinating the work of our development and community teams, scheduling development calendars and code release plans, supporting existing users, and administering the week-to-week work of the Commons team. The ideal candidate for this position will have a balance of technical and interpersonal skills, as well as experience and knowledge of higher-education and open-source communities.
- Lead and Facilitate weekly, monthly and ad-hoc team meetings
- Report weekly on project status to the Director
- Produce weekly and monthly status reports on site development and operations
- Manage resource allocation, including training, recruiting and staffing
- Manage Commons release, qa, ux and feature design meetings
- Represent the Commons in presentation and conference settings
- Oversee user support and outreach escalation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- In-person attendance at monthly and ad-hoc team meetings
- Advanced Project Management skills
- Minimum 2 years of experience in software project management
- Experience working with WordPress and BuddyPress
- Experience working in higher-education environments
- Knowledge of and interest in collaborative / open source software
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and a creative problem solver
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a CV/resume and a letter of interest to Matthew K. Gold, Director, CUNY Academic Commons at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Manager” in the subject line.